Custom Search

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Hill County Tour - Courthouse, Park, Historical Cemetery

Abbott's Grove - The old Hillsboro Park has a new look. I had not been there in two or three years. WOW!
Really looks nice. I remember playing there as a youngster, and my dad also played there as a young boy.
GREAT improvements! I was really impressed.

And what can you say about the old/new Hill County Courthouse? It's absolutely the most magnificant structure I have ever seen. Just so stately and majestic! Thank you Willie Nelson for your help in raising the donations that rebuilt this landmark after the terrible fire on January 1, 1993. See link above photos for more info!

The Sesquicentennial Musical Park



The Old Hillsboro Cemetery was made a 'Texas Historical' cemetery back in 2002. I have several distant relatives who are resting there. At least, for the moment!

No comments: